Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Panopto express download button

I am trying to record a chrome tab. I select the screen logo, select Chrome tab, select the tab from the list, click share audio the the blue share button. A box appears saying no microphone selected and I click the blue OK button. The screen counts down and the round red button changes to a red square. At this point I thought I should be recording. After a few minutes I click the red square to stop the recording. A new screen appears with the Send To choices but the small square download button shown in the help screen is not there.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Answers

• Options
    KathrynKathryn Administrator

Hi Roger,

I followed your workflow, but I was able to see the download button at the end. Would you possibly be able to post a screenshot of what it looks like when your recording is complete?

Have you recorded previously and created a Panopto account? If you have and are accessing the recorder from inside that account, then the screen that you see at the end of the recording changes and the download option is no longer there. It will instead look like this:

If that is what you are seeing, wait until the "View" button lights up. Then click on it. In the upper right corner, you will see a download button.

• Options

Thank you for your quick reply. I am trying to record from the panopto express website (panopto.com/record). I did successfully record a few days ago and I noticed at that time wiggling line that I assume indicated the audio being recorded, that line is not present this time so I think I am not actually recording even though the square red stop button appears. Below is a screen shot of the screen which appears after clicking the square red button.

• Options
    KathrynKathryn Administrator

Hi Roger,

That does look like the recorder did not record anything, but I am not able to reproduce the issue on my machine.

Some general suggestions that may help:

• Make sure you are running Windows 10 with the latest version of Chrome installed.
    • Make sure you've closed all other programs that may be trying to access your screen/audio.
    • If you are running antivirus software, make sure exceptions are made for the screen in Chrome.
    • Since recording worked for you previously, you might try restarting the machine also.

Since you are using a free version of Panopto, I am unable to open a support ticket for you with our team, but if you want to send our development team the logs from one of these recordings that isn't working, click on the question mark next to "record new" and choose send logs. This will let our development team improve Panopto Express for the future.

If you try the above suggestions and it still isn't working, reach back out here, and I will check in with our development team about the issue you are having.