Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Can I use the API to find a specific Zoom meeting recording?

We have the Zoom integration installed so that Zoom sessions are recorded and transferred to Panopto.

Our Zoom meetings are created for users via the Zoom API based on requirements taken from another system.

Is there a way to find the Panopto recording of a Zoom meeting using the Panopto API? In Panopto the Description of the recording include information about the Zoom meeting, including the numeric ID but I can't find any way of accessing this.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Hiroshi OhnoHiroshi Ohno Panopto Employee

Hi John,

Thank you for asking this question.

Description field can be read by both REST API and SOAP API.

REST: see the response of /api/v1/sessions/{id} as an example. "Description" field exists.

SOAP: see Session class which is returned by session related API, like GetSessionById. Description property exists.

Note that Panopto continues to put meeting ID in the description field, but the string format may be changed in the future to optimize the readability. Please be ready to adjust the logic if you rely on the description field.

• Hi Hiroshi,

So to read the description I have to know the session ID?

What I'm trying to do is to find the Panopto recording for each of our organisation's recorded Zoom meetings to build a lookup table. This is for a server application rather than something used by individual users. I can't find anything in the REST API documentation which supports this.

Regards,

John.

• Thank you, that does indeed work as required.