Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Stop closed caption edit side bar from re-positioning when I click and stop select all

I'm editing captions on a video and whenever I click a line to make a correction it re-positions the line i'm editing to the middle of the window scroll. It would be better if it just stayed in the same place because then I have to re-position my mouse every time and click on it a second time.

Also - if I click an individual word it selects ALL of the text in that line. I wish it would just click where I click and not select all. I don't want to select all. I want the individual word.

3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Options

This is super arduous when you're trying to edit captions on a long video.

• Options

I shared this thread with Panopto during an operations group meeting yesterday afternoon.

Your comments were very relevant since they were showing some proof of concept improvements to caption editing.