Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Quiz Grades Based Off of Participation

Currently for all Panopto quizzes, there has to be a correct answer, but I think it would be beneficial to have an option that gives full credit for participation in the quiz!

5 votes

Tracking · Last Updated

Please note that with an updated LTI 1.3 LMS integration, you are able to count a user's % watched of a video as a grade. This request will remain open to track the idea of having no right answers for quiz questions and count taking the quiz(zes) as a participation grade.

Comments

• Options
    Bonnie PowersBonnie Powers Crackerjack

I agree. This would be great especially if there was an option for long answer quizzes (only graded by length) or not graded until faculty see the response and awds credit or not credit. Multiple choice quizzes are not usefor our institutions - but long answer up to 200 words would be.

• Options

YES! Please look into this. When our university had to move to Panopto due to our previous vendor not doing this type of work anymore this was one of BIGGEST complaints. I used to use open-ended questions (which is not a panopto option) and then the grade was translated as % of video watched. I would REALLY like to see this feature in panopto. Maybe you could contact TechSmith Relay and see how they did it! It CAN be done!