Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Folders API - Can I get access tokens for services?

Hi,

Are we able to use the Folders API as a service? Currently I am able to access it when authenticating as a user, but I don't seem to be able to do so as a service.

If not, how would we manage getting the data for folders, so as to display videos publicly on an external site? How do we manage refreshing the tokens other than refreshing them manually each time they expire?

Thanks,

Jesse

Answers

• Options
    Joe MalmstenJoe Malmsten Panopto Employee

Hey,

The Folders API does require a user to authenticate in order to check the user’s permissions before performing the action, so it is unable to be used with a Client Credentials API Client.

What you could do is create a new Panopto user for API usage and create a User Based Server Application client to hit the REST API. You could then use the credentials for the new user to get an access token to authorize access to the API.

Start from section 2.1 of this document for more information on how to set this up.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Joe Malmsten