Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Expand User Group search to include external id

As an admin, when I'm trying to find a User Group associated with a course it can be handy to do so directly from the Panopto UI. The User Groups search looks like it only matches against the group name field. I'm hoping Panopto can also index the external id so I can search on the course number.

1 votes

Archived · Last Updated

Updated to Archive

Comments

• Options

Interesting. In my environment and LMS (Sakai), the group name and External ID are almost identical.

External ID: FA20-ACCT-20100-CX-14

Name: FA20-ACCT-20100-CX-14::Viewer

• Options

I should have clarified that we're using Canvas. The course groups are named after the course titles, which don't include the canvas course id. Embed groups are similar to what you're describing though.