Service Update 2023-08-28
Please note: This update will be applied at the end of business hours on Aug 28th for the North America, Canada, and European clouds and the end of business hours on Aug 29th for the Asia-Pacific and Australia clouds.
- Updated the WebEx integration to use the WebEx REST APIs rather than the soon-to-be deprecated WebEx SOAP APIs when pulling information on meeting recordings. This may require a WebEx administrator to reconnect the WebEx Integration in Panopto if they have not yet done so following the email from Panopto in June, due to Panopto requiring additional API permissions for the REST API.
- Updated permissions syncing for Panopto administrators so that if an LMS user is also an administrator in Panopto, we will no longer attempt to sync their permissions with the LMS unnecessarily.
- Moved the "Default Zoom Recordings Folder" on the Zoom Integrations Settings page beneath the "All integration users, even those without a Panopto account" setting, since it only applies when that option is selected.
- Improved design of the pop-up dialog used in various parts of the product.
- Improved design of the subscribe button in the video list header.
- Fixed an issue where Content Retention audit and impact reports were reporting a higher number of views than the video actually had for videos with more than one stream.
- Fixed an issue with Canvas Integrations that have "Copy Course Structure from LMS" enabled that could result in course folders for unpublished or inactive courses created before Copy Course Structure from LMS enabled to not be placed in the correct hierarchical location after reparenting all Canvas course folders.
- Fixed an issue that could result in being unable to import Automatic Machine Captions in the Panopto Editor if the language of the captions did not match the content language on the folder settings, or the default content language for the site.
- Fixed an issue that could result in student submission failing for Canvas, D2L, Blackboard, and Moodle integrations if the "Sharing - Assignment Folders" site setting was set to False.
- Fixed a bug with the Blackboard Original integration using the Building Block that could cause a user to get access to a course folder in the case that an instructor or student copied a Student Submission LTI link from a Blackboard course and gave the copied link to another valid Blackboard user who was not enrolled in the course.
- Fixed an issue with Canvas and D2L integrations that could cause course folders to fail to provision if "Copy Course Structure from LMS" was enabled for the Identity Provider and the "Features - Viewer - Discussion Moderation" site setting was set to Disabled.
- Fixed an issue that could affect Canvas, D2L, Blackboard, Blackboard Ultra, and Moodle integrations when trying to report grades for a quiz that was embedded in a course using LTI 1.1 after migrating the links to use LTI 1.3.
- Fixed an issue with accessibility of search results so that the results are announced to screen readers.
I'm trying to figure out where all relevant details are described regarding the SOAP API.
Fortunately I received some example code regarding the endpoint GetSessionDetailedUsage, see https://community.panopto.com/discussion/2016/using-getsessiondetailedusage-and-getsessionextendeddetailedusage-with-python-3
But now I need different endpoints, such as session duration of all sessions in a folder. This page shows some details regarding a single session: https://support.panopto.com/resource/APIDocumentation/Help/html/29a5f264-d2e4-2572-1270-6678d1ef3ba8.htm#!
But I can't find related details such as:
- the required attributes and elements of the body
- the relevant request url in the envelope
- the correct xmlns:pan url in the envelope
- what "tem:" is needed to identify e.g. Session.Duration?
- the correct url for SoapAction in the header
So here are some questions I have:
- Where can I find the details mentioned above, also for other endpoints (e.g. for extracting details on how sessions are organized in folders)?
- What method (SOAP, REST) and which version has the long term commitment by Panopto? It would be great to need to use just one method (I prefer REST, but GetSessionDetailedUsage is only available with SOAP it seems)
- Is there a python 3 version available of this? https://github.com/Panopto/python-soap
Any help for me to make sense of this would be great!
Panopto version 14.0 (released July 27, 2023) includes several user experience updates. As noted last November in our Expected Release Schedule 2023 post, we went into 2023 switching from large releases every six months to continuous releases happening about every two weeks. While we’ve incremented the major version number with our 14.0 release, this too is just an incremental release. However, we’ve released many new features in the last six months on our continuous release schedule, so refer back to our previous What’s New and Release Notes posts to get all the details. We hope you enjoy getting these smaller updates every few weeks! Read on for information about what’s in this release.
We’re continuing the incremental rollout of user experience changes started in the 13.18 release on April 20, 2023. The updates in release 14.0 make some noticeable improvements to the layout, functionality, and styling of list views in Panopto. In addition to the main changes called out in the image below, you may also notice some other minor styling changes that don’t affect functionality but increase consistency across design elements.
Figure 1. Improvements to the styling, layout, and functionality of list views in Panopto.
We want to continuously improve the user experience with Panopto, always striving to make it more intuitive and align with evolving industry design elements and best practices.
Since the UX changes are minor, they’ll be applied to your Panopto libraries automatically as they roll out. No action is required on the part of Panopto administrators or content creators. For viewers, the new UX changes will update the look and feel of Panopto libraries with only minor changes required in end-user behavior.