Authenticate / Get access token for external account with User Based Server Application
Hey there! My goal is to get an access token for an external user, with no interaction of this user. So IMO exactly what is described in the article "oauth2-for-services" (I can't post links) at 2.1.c
The problem is that I can't make it work, I always get an "invalid username or password". It works fine with an internal user, so I guess the problem must be the username/password, or the identity provider.
My setup (keys changed):
- Instance Name: ilias.tt.local
- Application Key: 4ppl1c4710nk3y
- Name: tt-local
- Type: User Based Server Application
- Client Id: r3stcl1entID
- Client Secret: r3sdtcl1entS3cret
- Allowed URLs: I configured a CORS for my application, but I think that should have no effect for this?
- Name: ilias.tt.local\root
- Role: Admin
- Authorization: Basic [combined rest client id & secret]
- Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
- grant_type: password
- scope: api
- username: ilias.tt.local\root
- password: base64(sha265("ilias.tt.local\root|4ppl1c4710nk3y"))
It works with a username/passwort combination of an internal user, so it must be the password or identity provider. I tried out a lot of ways to generate the password, but none seemed to work.
Do you have any idea, what could be the problem here?