Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Panopto 5.7 Service Update (Date: 2018-07-12)
Service update 2018-07-12
- Fixed an issue with downloaded reports on quiz results where special characters in some languages failed to display in Microsoft Excel.
- Fixed an issue with Panopto for Windows downloads where the installer incorrectly required an old version of .Net to be installed.
- Fixed an issue with the Canvas integration where LTI links for copied courses did not also grant students access to the original course folder.
- Fixed an issue with automatic folder captioning where sessions that were resumed by a recorder client did not get captions for the entire session.
- Fixed a problem with the Desire2Learn integration where batch provisioning added the course ID instead of the course code as a prefix to the folder name, when "Prepend Course Code" is enabled.
- Fixed an issue with the embedded viewer, where signing in failed when 3rd party cookies are disabled. Now the sign-in page will be opened in a new pop-up window.
- Fixed an issue with user group creation where creating multiple groups in batch did not trim whitespace from the group names.
- Introduced a new site setting to disable recording from within the iOS app, "Disable mobile app recording".
- Fixed an issue with search results where the thumbnail shown for the session did not honor the session's custom thumbnail setting.
- Fixed an issue with search results that occur near the end of video where the incorrect thumbnail image was displayed.
- Fixed an issue with the folder selector in the VCMS, when using the IE 11 browser, where the folder dropdown opened with a very narrow width.
- Fixed an issue with the editor where slides within a clip did not display.
- Fixed an issue where clicking links to Panopto web pages within Microsoft Office documents incorrectly sent the user to the “unsupported browser” page.
- Updated translations for Thai for the 5.7 release.
- Updated translations for portions of the Web interface that have changed since the 5.7 release.
- Fixed an issue with the editor where adding Table of Contents entries near a clip sometimes placed the entries at the wrong time.
- Fixed an issue with the editor where uploading streams was not properly supported for audio-only sessions.
- Fixed an issue with the interactive viewer where the captions tab did not highlight the correct caption for the current timeline position.
- Fixed an issue with the editor where adding Table of Contents entries within a clip did not correct place the entry after the clip.
- Fixed an issue with the editor where clips placed at the end of a session sometimes failed to display.
- Fixed an issue with the editor where changes made to existing quizzes were not saved.
- Fixed an issue with system emails where the email footer contained a Panopto-specific sign-off and links to social networks, even for customer-branded sites.
- Fixed an issue with sharing sessions, in batch, from the VCMS session list, where if a very large number of sessions are selected, not all will be shared.
- Fixed an issue with the interactive viewer where playback stopped unexpectedly for certain sessions when included in a playlist.