Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Panopto Mobile App Update (2021-06-02)
Panopto Mobile App Update 2021-06-02
Note: This Release Note applies to the Mobile app, version 1.2.1., which was released to Apple Appstore and Google Play on June 2nd, 2021.
- Fixed an issue where the keyboard didn't close after searching in the app.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, the video paused after returning from the background.
- Added the ability to change titles and descriptions for users with creator access to videos.
- Recent uploads are now displayed in a carousel and listed on the 'My Stuff' tab.
- Fixed an issue where the app could get stuck trying to launch a public session.
- iOS and Android will now show play controls on the lock screen and in the command center while background audio is playing.
- Variable play speed is now maintained when switching to and from background audio.
- Muted background audio no longer drains the battery on iOS.
- Recordings made in the app can now be exported to the device media library.
- You can now share videos you have Creator access to from the app.
- Opening the command center on iOS will no longer cause the player to hide and reload.
- Made performance improvements to background audio playback to consume less battery and data.
- Added a percentage indicator for the processing stage after upload to Panopto is finished.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, a webcast would freeze when playing in the app.
- Added an indication in the app if there is no connectivity on the device.
- Added a warning banner for devices running Android 10 or lower as they impose a 4GB recording size limit. Workaround: Upgrade the device to Android 11 or newer.
- Fixed an issue where offline video downloads didn't complete in the background.
Mobile App Version 1.2.1.