Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Service Update 2021-07-29
Service Update 2021-07-29
- Fixed an issue in the folder browse menu where a search term with zero results was not showing a message.
- Fixed an issue with long video descriptions not appearing correctly in the viewer. Implemented a 5000 character limit for new descriptions.
- Fixed an issue where the viewer would fail to show a loading spinner when buffering at the beginning of a video.
- Fixed an issue with SCORM tracking where the “See all bookmarks” link within the viewer would take users away from their SCORM reporting context, providing access to videos that would not report their viewership with SCORM.
- Fixed an issue where variable speed playback controls were not appearing after exceeding the value set with EnableSeekAndVspAfterPercentage. This also affected videos viewed using SCORM.
- Updated video discussion posting on mobile so that users retain their reply context after submitting a comment.
- Fixed an issue with discussion comments where a top-level comment with replies that were later deleted could no longer receive replies.
- Improved the user experience for video links accessed on social platforms by using the multi-stream embedded player.
- Updated the multistream embed player to automatically select the multistream layout that was used to record the video in Panopto Capture.
- Fixed an issue where videos with YouTube or Url events could fail to process after adding cuts and saving in the editor.
- For security reasons, removed the ability to display HTML in copyright fields.
- For security reasons, removed the ability to display HTML in upload policy fields.
- Fixed a potential security issue in the CSV files output as analytics reports by prepending an apostrophe on fields that contain MS Excel formulas.
- Added the capability to Content Retention to filter videos based on the content source. This allows different rules to be applied to videos created by a Remote Recorder or by a meetings integration like Zoom, Teams, or WebEx.
- Added the capability for the administrator to diagnose the import status of Zoom meetings. This is available within Panopto’s Zoom configuration interface on a new “Diagnostics” tab.
- Fixed an issue where configuring meetings in a Microsoft Teams team to be imported to Panopto would fail without an error message if that team had already been configured by someone else.
- Fixed an issue where a user needed a Videographer or Administrator role to use Microsoft Teams meeting import.
- Added analytics collection (beta) of course ID for LTI embed views, with reporting (beta) in the System Views and Downloads report.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Panopto's Bulk Provisioning operation to ignore the "Lowest Organization Unit to return" setting for D2L Identity Providers.
- Fixed an issue where changing the device configuration of a Remote Recorder would cause all management links to disappear.