Service Update 2021-08-12
Service Update 2021-08-12
Please note: This update will be applied at the end of business hours on August 12th for the North American and Canadian clouds, the end of business hours on August 13th for the Asia-Pacific, Australian, and European clouds.
- Discussion Notifications — Users will now be able to receive email notifications when someone replies to their comment(s) in a discussion thread. Additionally, Creators can receive email notifications when viewers comment on their videos. Discussion notifications can be controlled by Panopto administrators via the site setting "Features - Discussion Email Notifications." This setting can be set to one of the following values:
- Users may opt-in (default): Discussion notifications are enabled on the site, but not applied to users. Users can adjust their notification settings by following the steps in How to Use Discussion Notifications.
- Daily digest - All users receive a daily digest of the discussion notification emails.
- Weekly digest - All users receive a weekly digest of the discussion notification emails.
- Disabled - Discussion notifications are disabled for the site. Users will not see the option for notifications.
Please note: If the site setting mode is changed, any preference set by individual users will not be overwritten. For example, if a user sets their preference to a weekly digest while the site setting was set to Users may opt-in and then an administrator changes the site setting to Daily digest, it will not change the user's choice.
The following image shows the site setting and the .gif shows a user adjusting the frequency of their discussion notifications.
For more information, please see How to Enable Discussion Notifications for Users. For more information on how end-users can manage their notification preferences, please see How to Use Discussion Notifications.
- Added a new feature to Microsoft Teams meeting import where a user may define the target folder mapping by specifying the meeting title with wildcards. This removes the limitation that meeting mappings required exact meeting titles and the meeting mapping did not work with some special characters.
- Updated the behavior when a Blackboard (classic) or Moodle course is copied to another course. Panopto does not grant permission to the source course folder anymore if that source course folder does not contain Panopto videos.
- Added the ability to view embedded Panopto videos and select videos to embed in an LMS in browsers that have third-party cookies disabled. This feature is off by default but can be enabled by changing the "Enable Token Based Authentication for Embedded Content" site setting to "True." Please note: At this time, this will only work for viewing embedded Panopto videos and selecting videos to embed. It will not work for viewing embedded Panopto folders.
- Updated the 1080p quality option available for Maevex 6020 and 3rd party remote recorders to target 3000 kbps rather than 4000 kbps.
- Fixed an issue where Panopto server API for index connector responded with inappropriately paged data under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue where some end users encountered a 500 error when authenticating a Microsoft Teams meeting import.
- Fixed an issue where the Panopto administrator received the error message "This Teams tenant cannot be used" when setting up a Microsoft Teams meeting integration on Panopto. This typically happened when the Teams integration had been uninstalled once and then was being reinstalled.
- Added details to further clarify a few diagnostic error messages in the Zoom Integration’s Diagnostic page for administrators.
- Increased the maximum number of entries displayed in the Logs tab of the Zoom Integration setup page.
- Fixed a bug that could cause login errors for D2L users with a large number of enrollments.
- Fixed an issue where very short streams uploaded from a Panopto recorder could cause processing failures.
- Fixed an issue where sessions with multiple low-quality secondary streams could fail to process.
- Fixed an issue where copying a session would fail in embedded contexts.
- Fixed an issue where the embedded video player did not support line breaks in captions.
- Fixed a recent regression where search in the "All folders" list didn't work as expected.
- Fixed an issue where a folder with more than 100 sub-folders only showed the first 100 sub-folders.
- Updated batch sharing functionality to use the new share UX that was introduced in Panopto's June 2021 update:
- Fixed a recent regression where, in certain cases, adding or removing a publisher from a folder was not working correctly.
- Modified the Hive-stats integration to work around an issue that blocked viewing for a limited number of videos, those that stream using .mp4 instead of hls; .mp4 videos will no longer report data to the Hive-stats integration.