Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Product & Service Update (2021-09-23): incl. improved student video submission for Moodle and D2L.
Caitlin McCabe Administrator
edited October 2021 in Release Notes
Please note: This update will be applied at the end of business hours on Sept 23nd for North America, Canada, and European clouds and the end of business hours on Sept 24th for the Asia-Pacific and Australia clouds.
- Added ability to directly drag and drop video files to Panopto video library in the web experience. Note: Currently, the new drag and drop experience will be disabled if there is any text in the site-wide setting Site Customization - Upload Policy. In this case, Creators will only be able to upload content via the Create button and the upload policy text will appear in the Add files window where they upload video content.
- Student video submission for Moodle and D2L (beta): With this improved experience, students can now upload video assignments without requiring a personal folder. They can also edit and submit the video assignment without needing to wait for the video to finish processing. When enabled, the new workflow will automatically create an Assignment folder within the course folder that allows students to upload or record an assignment without needing a personal folder (otherwise known as a 'My Folder'). Students can then edit the video if they choose before submitting the assignment. Once the assignment has been submitted, students will only have permission to view their submission, but can no longer edit or delete the session. To enable this beta feature, please contact Panopto Support.
- Created a new built-in content retention policy that sends videos to the Archive when they haven't been viewed for 13 months. This policy has not automatically been applied to any videos or folders, it is simply available for customer admins to use.
- Added the ID Provider name to the course ID when viewing the beta analytics collection for LTI embed views.
- Added the ability to specify embed options (such as size or start time) when embedding a video using LTI in D2L.
- Added the ability to specify embed options (such as size or start time) when embedding a video using LTI in Moodle. Please note: This is not available when using the student submission tool in Moodle.
- Fixed an issue where a small number of videos failed to load in the embedded viewer.
- Fix an issue where a small number of Korean machine transcription jobs failed persistently.
- Fixed an issue with the site setting "Copy - Video Copy Requester is New Owner" where comments within the copied video were incorrectly modified to be owned by the user that made the copy.
- Fixed an issue where RTMP conversion to on-demand could timeout and fail for long broadcasts if "Webcasting - RTMP - Closed Caption Import" was enabled.
- Fix issue where processing progress appears to stall on encode jobs.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the "Sign out" button in the Panopto app in Microsoft Teams successfully signed the user out without UI indication.
- Fixed an issue where the Panopto app on Microsoft Teams showed an insufficient error message when a personal meeting integration was already configured with another Panopto user account.
- Mitigated an issue where the shared screen (secondary stream) of imported Zoom recordings was not shown in the Panopto player on rare occasions.
- Fixed a bug that could cause administrative users to incorrectly receive an email indicating their Canvas or D2L credentials may be invalid.
- Fixed an issue where the list of available videos was blank when attempting to select a new video to embed in an LMS using token-based authentication.
- Fixed an issue with Canvas Course Copy that could cause a source folder to accidentally be copied over multiple times to the target.
- Fixed a bug with the default privacy value for externally created groups that could cause them to be created as public, regardless of the User Group Privacy Default site setting.
- Fixed a rare issue that resulted in duplicate Blackboard Ultra users in Panopto when a custom user parameter was not sent through the Content Item links.
- Fixed a bug with our public SOAP API that was causing certain endpoints to unexpectedly be throttled and return a status code of 429.
- Fixed a few minor accessibility issues in the discussion UI within the Panopto viewer.
- Fixed an accessibility issue where some controls in the editor timeline UI were not keyboard or screen reader accessible.
- Fixed an accessibility issue where the cut and focus tool didn't behave correctly with screen readers. With the updated functionality, the screen reader correctly identifies the cut tool and the focus tool toggle control.
- Improved the keyboard and screen reader accessibility experience in the new Sharing experience.
- Fixed an accessibility issue where the swap streams and fullscreen controls in the full player were not keyboard or screen reader accessible.
- Added a warning in the Panopto viewers that shows up if an ad blocker is preventing Panopto from collecting viewing statistics. For more information, please see: Why Am I Seeing an Ad Blocker Warning in Panopto?