Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

PreviewUrl is coming as null in ListRecordersResponse.

Hi,

PreviewUrl is coming as null in ListRecordersResponse.. How to get the preview URL in ListRecordersResponse.

<a:PreviewUrl i:nil="true"/>

Thanks,

Karthick

Answers

• Hiroshi OhnoHiroshi Ohno Panopto Employee

Hi Karthickkumar,

Thank you for the inquiry. This field retired a few years ago, but the document was not properly updated. Note that we do not remove the field itself because that would break existing applications. We are going to update the documentation soon. I am sorry for the confusion.

• Hi Hiroshi,

Thank you for the response.

Is there a way to read the Preview URL using SOAP API. We want to Stream the Recording In-Progress in our controller's display/Touch Panel. are there any other way to achieve this.

Thanks and Regards,

Karthick

I am sorry that we do not have it as of today.

• Thank you Hiroshi!!!

I am having one more query.

When a Recorder/Current Recording is Paused, I could see the SOAP API to read the Recording Details and also the SOAP API to read the Recorder Details, both return State as "Recording". It should return state as Paused, right? . Atleast the Recorder details should give the state as Paused, correct?

Thanks,

Karthick

Hi Karthickkumar,

At this time, Panopto API does not return paused state as described here. https://support.panopto.com/resource/APIDocumentation/Help/html/7e763183-ca9e-bbf9-8d98-731ad597f259.htm

"Paused - 3 - This is not used. Pause state is managed only locally by the recorder at this moment."

Panopto plans to improve this in the near future. We'll announce in the release note when it becomes available.