Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Panopto 8 Service Update (Date: 2020-01-29)
Service Update 2020-01-29
- PowerPoint and Keynote slides download — Video creators can now make multiple PowerPoint or Keynote slides available for download in the interactive player. The downloadable slides will appear in a new tab 'Attachments', making it easier for viewers to find the slides to download.
- Added ability for creators and administrators to clear existing quiz results for a video. This functionality is off by default and it can be enabled via setting called “Show clear quiz results button” and it is OFF by default.
- Zoom Integration — Added the ability to easily share a Zoom recording with meeting participants. If a meeting participant has a Panopto user account, they will get viewer access. If a meeting participant doesn't have a Panopto user account, they will get an email invitation. This is available in the share UI for a Zoom recording in the video settings modal.
- Added a new site setting ‘Enable email invitation to meeting hosts for meeting recordings' which allows the ability to control whether email invitations are sent to Zoom meeting host if the host is not a Panopto user. By default, email invitations to meeting hosts are enabled.
- Added three new options for Verbit transcription and captions provider — 'Verbit Urgent', 'Verbit Relaxed' and 'Verbit Can Wait'. The existing Verbit option has been renamed to 'Verbit Standard'.
- Added ability to specify US or UK English for caption requests for Panopto captioning service at the site level. By default, this is set to US English. Please contact Panopto support if you need to update it to UK English.
- Added the ability to serve OAuth2 PKCE authorization code clients which are typically used by mobile or desktop applications
- Improved the performance of searching for users on the department admin page.
- Improved the performance of loading the system ‘Processing’ page.
- Improved the search performance when searching by public ID.
- Fixed an issue in the editor impacting videos with clips where, if the imported video had cuts, and additional cuts were applied over the clip in the host session, the two sets of cuts were incorrectly applied to the resulting video.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong set of settings were shown to videographer users on their personal user settings page.
- Fixed an issue where the delete button incorrectly appeared in search results.
- Fixed an issue where drag-and-drop move was not available to users of assignment folders.
- Fixed an issue with the SOAP PublicAPI where permissions applied to a folder did not behave correctly when that folder was inheriting permissions from its parent.
- Fixed an issue where Zoom caption import might fail in a folder that has the "Automatically caption new sessions” setting set to Automatic Machine Captions.
- Fixed an issue where editing captions for Zoom recordings in Panopto might behave incorrectly if a single block is too long.
- Fixed an issue where on-demand videos optimized by Hive might not play correctly if the video was edited in Panopto editor.
- Fixed an issue where Chrome 80 users would have incorrectly experienced login issues while trying to watch embedded videos. Note: Chrome 80 is not released yet, and this fix is a preemptive fix to prevent issues when users upgraded their Chrome browsers to version 80.
- Fixed an issue where sign-in on 'Panopto for Mac' may fail on macOS 10.14.
- Fixed an issue where in rare situations certain folders provisioned from a Moodle category hierarchy would get incorrect user groups assigned.
- Fixed an issue where speaker names were shown twice in captions for Zoom recordings.
- Fixed an issue where the name of the host is not displayed in the description if the host did not join the meeting.
- Fixed a rare issue where the viewer encode for a video could fail to process if there were any encoding issues in the original content.
- Fixed an issue where changing the name of a remote recorder is not reflected in scheduled recording searches.
- Fixed an issue where the videographer role had access to the recycle bin incorrectly in some situations.
- Disabled 'Watch in Panopto' functionality in the embedded video player when SCORM is enabled to ensure SCORM data is collected properly.