Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

GetSessionUserDetailedUsage giving strange error on invalid sessionId "Value cannot be null. Paramet

Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Original Post: Erik Steinebach, August 29, 2018 at 7:53 AM2 Answers 194 views

Hello,

For someone who also runs into this: When I tried to use GetSessionUserDetailedUsage I got the following error: "System.ServiceModel.FaultException: 'Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: delivery'". Turns out the reason was because the sessionId is incorrect. When you lookup a sessionId in the UI, take the Delivery ID instead of the Session ID.

This was the code I was using:

```

var auth = new pur.AuthenticationInfo()

{

UserKey = PanoptoConstants.AuthUser,

Password = PanoptoConstants.AuthPassword

};

var client = new pur.UsageReportingClient();

var pagination = new pur.Pagination()

{

MaxNumberResults = 100

};

var userId = new Guid("---");

var sessionId = new Guid("---");

var result = client.GetSessionUserDetailedUsage(auth, sessionId, userId, pagination);

Responses

Doug Costain, Moderator, September 27, 2018 at 12:06 PM

Hi Erik,

I've gotten a case opened with our engineering team. Someone will be reaching out very shortly.

Erik Steinebach, September 27, 2018 at 12:09 PM0

Hi Doug, Thank you, but please keep in mind that this issue (https://support.panopto.com/s/question/0D539000063cWTSCA2) is far more important. Thank you, Erik

Tagged: