Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Why are my videos never removed from the queue on the Panopto mobile app once I'm finished?

Charlene CCharlene C Tyro
edited March 2022 in Product Questions

As a student, it is very frustrating to scroll through the lecture videos I have watched to find the videos that I have not watched. The Panopto app is very frustrating due to its "Continue Watching" feature consisting of all of the videos that I completed watching. In that tab, it shows that I have left videos incomplete, and I do not understand why this occurs. Can someone please help me fix this? I am not the only student who struggles with this issue, and the Helpdesk at my school did not help. This is a Panopto issue that I believe should be resolved.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @Charlene C,

For a video to be removed from the "Continue Watching" section of the mobile app, the viewer must watch 100% of the video. If a viewer skips through parts of a video, or if the video isn't completely finished before a viewer exits the window, it will still show up under "Continue Watching" in the mobile app.

If you have watched a video the entire way through, and it is still not getting marked as complete, please let me know and I'll be happy to open a Support ticket on your behalf as well as will make your local Panopto administrator aware of this.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to let me know - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait