Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Is there any update on including the pause button on-screen?

In a standard Panopto presentation using one screen and a slide deck, a presenter can see nothing else but the slides and must resort to hot keys to start/pause/stop. This remains a significant issue in my institution. The fact that lecturers are unsure as to whether they have paused or re-started a video lecture is preventing me from advising them to take a break in a recording session when they wish to but instead plough on to the end.  Neither the Windows client recorder or Panopto Capture includes a clear pause/re-start option.

If the toolbar could float over the slides, lecturers could be confident that they are indeed recording/have paused. As it stands, a second touch of the hot key means they might be on pause or have started again while thinking the opposite. 

Any update on this feature?

Thank you.

Answers

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi David,

Thank you for following up on this feature request. We appreciate that this particular feature is important to your organization and its Panopto users. At this time, there is no update on when this feature will be available; however, I'll let your CSA know that this feature is important to your organization so that they can keep track of this for you.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait