Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Service Update 2022-07-21
Service Update 2022-07-21
Please note: This update will be applied at the end of business hours on July 21st for the North America, Canada, and European clouds and at the end of business hours on July 22nd for the Asia-Pacific and Australia clouds.
- Updated ASR custom dictionary upload with more concrete error messages.
- Updated the content creation analytics reports to rename the "Remote Recorder" system creator to "System Created Content." This better captures all scenarios that can result in such content being created without direct association to a specific user.
- Added the 'Creator for Submitted Assignment Videos' role to the list of roles displayed for assignment folder users.
- Updated the Zoom meeting import feature to import Zoom's transcript as English captions in Panopto instead of "Default" language.
- Updated the video settings Captions tab to refresh its status after new captions are ordered.
- Introduced a new option for "Seek and variable speed playback behavior" to prevent forward seeking only, but allow seeking back to previously watched content.
- Fixed an issue where automatic caption jobs for deleted videos would continue to appear on the Caption Requests administrator page.
- Fixed an issue where search involving special characters (like backslashes) could have unexpected results.
- Fixed an issue where, for remote recorders made by Panopto partners, recordings that contained pauses would sometimes not have those pauses applied as cuts after the upload completed.
- Fixed an issue that could have caused captions ordered using Panopto Caption Services to not bill customers for caption requests since the Panopto 13 release. This issue has been corrected, and users who ordered captions during this time period will not be retroactively charged.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Available Captions section of the Captions tab in the video settings not to appear if the video name contained an apostrophe.
- Fixed an issue where Remote Recorder Live Monitoring could fail to start on Android devices.
- Fixed an issue that caused captions to reappear in certain cases.
- Fixed a remote recorder scheduling issue for users with the English (Canada) locale.
- Fixed an issue that prevented seeking for videos that had re-enabled standard seek behavior after previously having been configured to "Disable all seeking and VSP".
- Fixed an issue where videos were not showing in the folder list in certain cases when the folder ID is capitalized.
- Fixed a display issue for captions with quotation marks