Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Service Update 2022-08-04
Service Update 2022-08-04
Please note: This update will be applied at the end of business hours on Aug 4th for the North America, Canada, and European clouds and the end of business hours on Aug 5th for the Asia-Pacific and Australia clouds.
- Remote Recorder Live Audio Monitoring is now generally available and enabled for all sites by default. This feature can be enabled or disabled via the "Remote Recorder - Live Audio Monitoring" site setting.
- Added a button for caption editing help/guidance in the captions edit area of the editor.
- Improved the accessibility screen reading experience for caption editing buttons.
- The embed viewer close button on quizzes, YouTube videos, PDFs, and webpages will now reflect the language set by the browser, when a supported language is used.
- Fixed an issue where quoted search query terms were not handled as an exact phrase search when searching inside a video.
- Fixed an issue where usage reports would not remain available for as long as they should have.
- Fixed an issue where remote recorder usage reports would not include partner-made remote recorders.
- Fixed an issue where some usage reports would not have folder path information for archived videos.
- Fixed an issue where inheriting subfolders that had sharing settings changed would disable inheritance but not update the access level to the new value.
- Fixed an issue where searching for a folder would sometimes not return the expected results for Videographers.
- Fixed an issue where Department Administrators were given access to order captions from any provider. This access has been revoked and is now an optional permission that is off by default for the Department Administrator role.
- Fixed an issue where the setting controlling whether non-admins can grant a given role would be reset to the default value after a release.
- Fixed an issue where Videographers were given access to order captions from any provider. This access has been revoked and is now an optional permission that is off by default for the Videographer role.
- Fixed an issue with Moodle integrations that could cause course provisioning to time out in some rare cases.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Audio Descriptions settings panel in the video settings modal from appearing for videos with apostrophes in their name.
- Fixed an issue where star ratings on videos could only be set by administrator users.
- Fixed an issue where keyboard shortcuts could trigger incorrectly while editing caption text in the editor.
- Fixed an issue in the viewer where secondary streams could briefly load to the start of the video, even if that part of the video was cut.
- Fixed an issue where previously in-progress SCORM sessions could restart at the beginning of the video.
- Fixed various issues related to resuming playback for videos configured to disable forward seeking.