Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Problem with adding vtt files

Hi

I am teaching on Zoom and have a real time captionist and Zoom generates a .vtt file with the video. Last year I used Microsoft Stream as my video platform and was able to upload the video and the .vtt file, and everything worked fine.

This year I am using Panopto, and encountering a lot of problems with the finished video - the time codes don't seem to be read properly so the captions don't sync up with audio, and there are spots where there is a huge pause with no captions, and then I get a wall of text which disappears too soon to be read. I am going to try converting to an srt file to see if this works better but looking for any help you might have. I would prefer to use real time captioning files for accuracy instead of Panopto automated captions.

Pam

Answers

• Options

Hi @Pamela D Millett,

This sounds like an issue our Support team should take a look at. To expedite this matter, and make things easier for you, I will open a Support ticket on your behalf and make your local Panopto administrator aware of this. Please keep an eye out for correspondence from our team.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait