Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Can we get direct URL links to videos? Part Deux.

Sorry about that but I marked my first question as answered and there is still an issue. I mentioned it in a reply but I don't know that most folks will review "answered" questions.

It was mentioned that there is a "view podcast" button but I only have a "download podcast" button. Should there be a view podcast alternative?

Thanks.

Answers

• Hi @Thomas Leylan,

If you navigate to the Outputs tab of your Panopto video's Settings window, you should see both the options to View Podcast and Download Podcast, as pictured here:

If you had changed and applied a new Type or Quality option, both options will briefly disappear and a message that states Podcast not ready: Queued will appear under Video Podcast:

If you wait a few moments and refresh the page, the options to view and download should reappear. If the option to View Podcast does not appear at all on your videos, please let me know and I will open a Support ticket on your behalf so that we can investigate further.

Best wishes,

Cait

• Thanks Cait... I just checked again. Thought maybe the link was white on white or something but nope. No link for View Podcast.

I have 4 test videos and they all exhibit this. Perhaps it is a setting? Thanks for looking into this further.

Let me know if you need more from me.

Tom

• Hi @Thomas Leylan,

I just checked with a colleague, if you are using a Panopto Pro account, the View Podcast option is not available. We do provide instructions on sharing a direct link to a video with Pro in step 2.2. of How to Share a Video with Panopto Pro: Share with a Wider Audience.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Oh dear that's what I feared. The shared link was the first thing I tried and this (as you know) is browser-based route to the video using a tid=<unique_identifier> style URL. That doesn't work for my needs.

By "not available with Panopto Pro" are you saying I would need an Enterprise account? That can't be cheap I imagine.

I think I'm out of luck then. Thanks for checking,

Tom