Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Error: Action '' cannot be processed at the receiver, due to a ContractFilter mismatch at the...

Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Original Post: Mark Bennett, March 15, 2019 at 10:52 AM

Error: Action '' cannot be processed at the receiver, due to a ContractFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher

Hi,

I am attempting to make a SOAP API call via the Postman API Development environment but it seems to be failing.

I am posting to the following URL..

Server]/Panopto/PublicAPI/4.2/Auth.svc?wsdl

This is the call that I am posting...

The error I am recieving is as follows...

s:ClientThe message with Action '' cannot be processed at the receiver, due to a ContractFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher. This may be because of either a contract mismatch (mismatched Actions between sender and receiver) or a binding/security mismatch between the sender and the receiver. Check that sender and receiver have the same contract and the same binding (including security requirements, e.g. Message, Transport, None).

Responses:

Hiroshi Ohno, Moderator, March 20, 2019 at 12:32 PM

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting the message to the forum.

Since Panopto engineering team or support team does not use Postman API development envrionment tool, we may not offer direct support about that tool.

I made a little research and found a blog entry from Postman team:

https://blog.getpostman.com/2017/11/18/postman-makes-soap-requests-too/

If I read this correctly, Postman does not directly interpret SOAP API and the article proposes to compose SOAP XML manually. From my own experience, it is very difficult to compose SOAP request by hand without referring successful example.

I'd recommend to use any library or tool that may handle SOAP API.

Tagged: