Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Crestron touch panel API usage (2019-04-19)

Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Original Post: Charles Barbour, April 19, 2019 at 12:21 PM

Is the preferred... best... only... way to use the API to end an in-progress recording by using the ScheduledRecordingInfo Class to set the end time of the recording to now (or now plus X seconds)?

Is it accurate that sending a command to end a recording in this manner returns no result back?

As such, in order to be sure the in-progress recording has actually ended we would need to use a query of the RemoteRecorder.State property to get the state of the Remote Recorder to verify that it has switched from Recording to Previewing?

Similarly, if we start a recording using the ScheduledRecordingInfo Class, it returns the GUID of the session we just started. But that value may not guarantee the recorder actually switched from Previewing to Recording? As such we should again query the RemoteRecorder.State property to verify that recording started?

Is there any API call we could use to check for a low or muted audio signal to the Remote Recorder and then provide users with some sort of notice on the classroom touchpanel?

Responses:

Hiroshi Ohno, Moderator, May 6, 2019 at 7:44 PM

Hello Charles,

Thank you for the inquiry.

Let me answer your questions in the context of general Panopto API availability.

I do not know about the detail of development environment of Crestron touch panel, but I assume it can access Panopto API as much as needed.

1. End an in-progress recording

You may use UpdateRecordingTime method and pass new EndTime.

2. State change of the remote recorder

You may call GetRemoteRecordersById with the target remote recorder's ID as polling.

It returns RemoteRecorder object with the latest State value.

RemoteRecorder object itself does not update by itself automatically once it's retrieved.

3. Muted audio signal

Panopto does not have that API functionality as of today.

I hope this helps.

Tagged: