Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

How to Export/Output Audio + Slides and Captions Only to a .mp4 File

Instead of hosting a video on Panopto and controlling import export licence controls, I'd like to be able to export my edited Panopto recording to a .mp4 file that can be shared out in an appropriately controlled folder. Is there any way to export the overlay of an audio stream, captions, and ONLY slides for this use case? The actual primary stream recording session is messy with popups or slide deck swaps, etc.) since I was recording as an admin but not in control of the presenter/content being recorded.

It appears that the output function only wants to export the raw streams with none of the captions or slides. I'm at a bit of a loss at this point.

Answers

• Options

Hi @Alex Page,

You can adjust and download your video podcast using "Secondary Streams Only," as detailed in this article: How to Download Video or Audio Streams as MP4s. This should download a video of what is being presented in the secondary stream, which is typically your slides presentation, video from an additional camera, or screen capture. The speaker's audio will be included; however, captions are on a separate track, so a viewer would need to watch the video on a media player that supports the caption file, such as VLC.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait