Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Documentation questions regarding the API and reporting (2019-07-03)

Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator
edited February 2020 in API

Original Post: Doug Costain, Moderator,  July 3, 2019 at 11:46 AM

Duplicate: Sean Ohlinger, July 3, 2019 at 12:45 PM

I recently have been tasked to start getting more granular data from Panopto than the static reports can provide. After reviewing the API documentation for both the Soap and new Rest API, I have a few questions that you might be able to help me with.

1) I was unable to find any API query that listed "User logins", perhaps I missed it and you can direct me to the API document URL? If it does not exist yet, is there a suggestions page?

2) In lieu of the above does the "Last Login" detail exist within the API?

--- Additionally, I was unable to find any API query that listed the "User Creation" date, perhaps I missed it and you can direct me to the API document URL? If it does not exist yet, is there a suggestions page?

3) Regarding sessions, the direct API queries that are available in static reports but I can't find in the API queries are: Rating, Stream, Edited (or Last edited)

Responses

Hiroshi Ohno, Moderator, July 5, 2019 at 7:05 PM

Sean,

Thank you for posting your question.

I think you asked if Panopto has API to respond (a) the last login time of a user and (b) rating / number of streams / last edited time of a session at the time of call instead of the scheduled reporting. I am sorry that Panotpo does not provide API with such instance response. Please use scheduled reporting and the scheduling itself is available through API.

I think you also asked if scheduled report outputs the creation time of users. That is available as "Date Added" field. The report includes the users who has signed in between the date ranges of the report. Please specify early enough starting date if you need to enumerate all users.

Sean Ohlinger, July 9, 2019 at 1:44 AM

Thanks, I was afraid that there was no way to get the LastLogin detail within the API.

Tagged: