Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Allow an uploaded PDF or PPT to be a secondary stream - allowing the video to be the primary stream

When I upload a PDF I would love the ability to choose if it is the primary or secondary stream. Currently it creates it as the primary and you cannot change it- which means it is on the 'big screen.' Rather I would like the PDF to be presented in the upper left corner. However, I want to retain the ability to download the PDF from the Panopto video - that feature is great.

Related to this - I would love if the ability to designate the PowerPoint slides as secondary (so they display in the upper left right when you play the video). Currently the PowerPoint slides will play on the 'big screen' - at least with PowerPoint slides, the viewer does have the ability to switch the screens themselves.

So to recap, I am requesting more control on the designation of streams (Primary and secondary). See my attached image.

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Options

Oh yea, and allow me to designate when the PDF appears in the video would also be a benefit.