Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Improved folder navigation when Panopto is inside an iframe

Please consider adding an "up level" button when the Panopto folder interface is loading inside of Canvas or other <iframe>. Once you drill down into a folder, there is no good way to go back up a level. (Screenshot #1)

Your options are 1) click the main Panopto link and go all the way back up to the top of the folder hierarchy, or 2) use the black triangle and re-navigate down to the folder you want. Both of those are really inefficient and frustrating.

Conversely, when Panopto is loaded into its own browser window, there is a really handy and easy "up level" arrow-button. (Screenshot #2)

Why can't that button by present also when Panopto is loaded into a frame?

Thanks for considering this request. I apologize if I've missed something obvious!

1 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    KathrynKathryn Administrator

@Glenn Pillsbury This is actually something that can be enabled by an Admin. The System Setting "Folders - Parent Folder Button for Embedded Folders" should be set to True. Then an arrow to navigate up a folder should appear when you are within a subfolder.

• Options

Perfect. Tier 1 support didn't tell me about that setting, hence the feature request.

Thanks!