Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

User Based Server Application (Resource Owner Grant) (2019-12-11)

Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Original Post: Roman Popov, December 11, 2019 at 10:03 AM

Could I use User Based Server Application (Resource Owner Grant) client type to use API for uploading file ?

If Yes please give me explanation how to use this flow.

Thanks

Responses

Kevin Baum, Moderator, December 11, 2019 at 2:59 PM

Hi Roman,

Have you already tried using the Server Side or Hybrid web application client type to get an access token for the Upload API?

If not, could you let me know a little bit more about what you're trying to accomplish, and how your users log into Panopto?

Thanks,

Kevin

Roman Popov, December 12, 2019 at 1:52 AM

Hello Kevin

Yes I tried to use Server Server-side Web Application (Authorization Code Grant) type. I had error. It does not matter now. I will ask about it in other topic.

In my application I need flow without web browser for user authentication. According to your documentation User Based Server Application (Resource Owner Grant) is needed type for me. So I need to know Is it possible to use User Based Server Application (Resource Owner Grant) type for uploading api ?

Kevin Baum, Moderator, December 12, 2019 at 11:18 AM

Hi Roman,

Yes, it is possible to to use the User Based Server Application client to get an access token for use with the Upload API. Here is a support article that should have more information on how to get an access token using a User Based Server Application:

https://support.panopto.com/s/article/oauth2-for-services

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

Tagged: