Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Pulling captions/transcripts through API without admin role

edited June 2023 in API

It seems that the admin role is required for API access, which cannot be assigned to me because then I would have full access to my school's Panopto instance.

But I want to be able to pull (through the API) all the captions from the folders in *my* account. Are there any ways of doing this?

Please!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

Hi Sabrina,

Which endpoint are you referring to? We don't have a public api endpoint to retrieve captions. You could get the session information and use the link in that response to download captions in the SRT format, but that cannot be automated.

Asher

Panopto Platform Developer

• Options

I did try the session API to obtain the sessions' information (for some of them it works and I am able to get the captions, but for others sessions I get an error). I was also trying use the folder API (so that I can iterate over all my videos), but I get empty results for almost all of the folders

• Options

Sabrina,

If you want to share the details of your api queries you can have your POC open a support ticket and we can look into it. It's likely a misconfiguration somewhere with the access permisions of the sessions/folders you are querying.

Asher

• Options

How can I open a support ticket?