Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Audio/Video Stream Error w/ Panopto Capture in Google Chrome

I encountered an unfamiliar issue from an instructor using Panopto Capture in Google Chrome. Shortly after beginning their recording, the following error appears at the top of the Capture screen: "One of the audio/video streams you've added could not be recorded. We recommend stopping your recording to avoid data loss and contact support if problem persists."

The instructor's workflow is as follows, sharing Word doc with laptop internal camera and mic active, enabled picture in picture for camera feed. No other cameras or audio devices detected by Capture nor are any other recording devices enabled in Windows "Sounds". The issue does not replicate in Firefox using the same workflow nor in the Panopto for Windows standalone application. In Chrome, the issue also can be replicated in an incognito window and resetting the permissions for camera and microphone did not yield a different result.

While the instructor can move forward with creating recordings either in Firefox or with the Panopto app, they cannot do so using Chrome.

Any suggestions as to why this is occurring?

Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @Mario Menendez,

This sounds like something our Support team should investigate. To expedite this matter and make things easier for you, I'll submit a Support ticket on your behalf and make your local Panopto administrator aware of this.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options

That's great @Caitlin McCabe ! No rush, as the instructor is enjoying working with the standalone app anyway. Still would be great to get some idea of what's triggering that pop-up notification. Thanks much!

• Options
    edited August 2023

Good morning, thanks for posting this for us to find. I have an instructor who encountered the same (or at least similar) issue in the last week while recording in Chrome in Windows 10. USB camera and mic, screen recording/PPT ran for 30:57, then the error came up and recording stopped. He's trying again today in Firefox. Did y'all discover a fix for this vs. workaround?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

James

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @James Lyons,

Are you still encountering this issue? If so, our Support team should investigate. Please let me know if you'd like me to open a ticket on your behalf with Support.

Best wishes,

Cait