Understanding SOAP API documentation
I'm trying to figure out where all relevant details are described regarding the SOAP API.
Fortunately I received some example code regarding the endpoint GetSessionDetailedUsage, see https://community.panopto.com/discussion/2016/using-getsessiondetailedusage-and-getsessionextendeddetailedusage-with-python-3
But now I need different endpoints, such as session duration of all sessions in a folder. This page shows some details regarding a single session: https://support.panopto.com/resource/APIDocumentation/Help/html/29a5f264-d2e4-2572-1270-6678d1ef3ba8.htm#!
But I can't find related details such as:
- the required attributes and elements of the body
- the relevant request url in the envelope
- the correct xmlns:pan url in the envelope
- what "tem:" is needed to identify e.g. Session.Duration?
- the correct url for SoapAction in the header
So here are some questions I have:
- Where can I find the details mentioned above, also for other endpoints (e.g. for extracting details on how sessions are organized in folders)?
- What method (SOAP, REST) and which version has the long term commitment by Panopto? It would be great to need to use just one method (I prefer REST, but GetSessionDetailedUsage is only available with SOAP it seems)
- Is there a python 3 version available of this? https://github.com/Panopto/python-soap
Any help for me to make sense of this would be great!