Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Service update 2023-09-07 feat. Multistream Embed Viewer Webcasts
Service Update 2023-09-07 feat. Multistream Embed Viewer Webcasts
- Updated the embedded and mobile viewers to support multiple streams for live webcasts and allow stream layout selection in the same way as on-demand video content.
- Added an option to disable syncing LMS permissions based on system or institution level roles when a user clicks on an LTI 1.3 link to avoid giving users broader access than intended. Panopto will enable this option for customers using Canvas with LTI 1.3, and no user action is needed at this time.
- Fixed an issue where archiving a video would cause certain existing copies of that video to lose their streams.
- Fixed an issue that could cause automatic user permission re-sync to fail when viewing an embedded video in a Blackboard Original course after updating the Blackboard integration, due to the Building Block deprecation.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a delay of up to 1 day when receiving captions back from Ai-Media.
- Fixed an issue affecting Canvas, D2L, Moodle, and Blackboard gradebook reporting with quizzes that could cause quiz scores to fail to be reported to the LMS if the quiz was previously embedded in the course using LTI 1.1, and was then copied to a new course using LTI 1.3.
- Fixed an issue that could block user logins from an LMS in rare cases when the User Group for the course already existed, but Panopto tried to re-create it.
- Fixed a rare issue with gradebook reporting of quiz scores for Canvas, D2L, Moodle, and Blackboard that could cause quizzes copied in an LMS to fail to report a grade if the new course was not yet provisioned in Panopto.
- Made a minor layout update to the default folder option for Zoom and WebEx Integrations for the "All integration users, even those without a Panopto account" Automatic Import setting.
- Fixed an issue with the WebEx integration that could cause Panopto to attempt to import uploaded recordings, which are not supported by Panopto.
- Fixed an issue that could cause WebEx Meeting recordings to fail to import to Panopto if they were missing the "timeRecorded" property. Those meetings will now import using the "RecordingStartTime" if no time recorded property is provided by WebEx.
- Fixed an issue that could allow Panopto administrators to accidentally try to merge and delete a user into itself. Panopto will now show an error if an administrator tries to merge a user into the same user.
- Fixed an accessibility issue where search result types in the interactive viewer were not being properly announced to screen readers.
- Fixed a bug where the media stream duration could be reported as 0 for short streams.
- Fixed a bug where the media pipeline was producing extremely low quality secondary videos in some circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where the font size of captions in the embedded viewer did not respond to browser window resizing.
- Fixed an accessibility issue in the discussion section of the embed and interactive viewers.