Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

LTI field corresponding to Panopto user

Hello,

I need specific help with Panopto's LTI 1.0 team. Specifically I need to know if Panopto has an expectation for the value in the lis_result_sourcedid field?

I am testing Panopto LTI links in two sets of code. I am launching the same link using both sets of code. For code set A, I see the Panopto interface, the correct target folder AND the videos in that folder. For code set B, I see only the Panopto interface and the Folder (no videos inside the folder shown)

In code set A the lis_result_sourcedid is set to the user's email address (which appears to then match up to their Panopto account).

In code set B the lis_result_sourcedid is set to a reference used by the consumer to relate any outcomes coming back to their internal launch registratqion

When I view the HAR for each test, it was this field which jumped out as being different, so is why I am wondering about it. I thought about Roles field, but for testing I have just hardcoded both to "Administrator".

If you can think of some other reason why the videos would not show, will you please let me know?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jim Looney,

This is something Support should investigate, as that is not the expected behavior. To expedite and make things easier for you, I will open a Support ticket on your behalf. Please keep an eye out for correspondence from our team.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

Answers