Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

"could not embed captions" error

I'm working on a series of videos, editing the automatically generated captions. They have all worked fine except one. That one gave me an error "could not embed captions." I went back and made a few changes and clicked Apply again. Same error. This has happened three times on this one video. When I view the video, I see the captions, but not sure why I'm getting an error or whether it will affect my ability to use this video in computer based training. Anyone know a solution?

Answers

• Options

Hi @Valerie Vesper,

Sorry for the delay in my response. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, I would like to open a Support ticket on your behalf.

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options

Cait -- sorry, I don't know. I don't use Panopto very often. I do have another video I need to add captions to in the next week or so, so I'll let you know if it happens again. I never resolved the issue with the other video, but as the captions seemed to be showing up, I just let it go.

Valerie