Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

How do I get Panopto to actually work?

edited November 2023 in General Q&A

Hello!

I've tried to use Panopto for school for about three days now and each day, it has not worked. I can not upload files without the upload failing (or getting an error or being unable to upload it), I can not use screen recorder because the record button is disable, I can not use the desktop application because it fails to authenticate my account due to server connection issues.

It's not my internet. It seems to be affecting every part of Panopto I attempt to use.

This is all really frustrating and I feel like I haven't received any help.

Answers

• Options

Have you contacted the IT group at your school or organization?

• Options

Hi @Nyla Wallace,

That sounds like something our Support team and your local Panopto administrator should investigate. If you are able to, can you message me the name of your school or organization? I'm happy to open a Support ticket on your behalf and make your local Panopto administrator aware of this.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait