Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Enable 2 concurrent Panopto Assignment folders --Canvas (1) Discussions and (1) Assignments

Does anyone know if there's a way to bypass the current method for creating assignment folders, like enabling two Panopto Assignment folders, concurrently, for one course? The current Panopto Assignment folder is not suitable for multiple assignment folders running concurrently (can't add sub-folders and must close and open new assignments when they require different permissions. This makes designing for Master Courses quite a challenge, and for course copies impossible for automatic folder management.

Use Case: Faculty assign two types of Canvas assignments with video: in Discussions and in Assignments. Both require different permissions.

What I need: automatically Provision Panopto Assignment folder ->

1. Sub folder -> Video Assignments ; Permissions: Restricted (viewable by person submitting and teacher)
  2. Sub folder -> Discussions ; Permissions: everyone enrolled in the course.

@Caitlin McCabe - Any suggestions?

Answers

• Options

Hi @Elba Rios,

I apologize for not responding sooner, as I was out of the office last week. I see that you were able to connect with our Support team and that they filed a Feature Request on your behalf as what you've described isn't possible at the current moment.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait