Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Remote Recorder randomly disconnecting

Hello All,

I have a ticket going with Panopto but thought I would post in here too:

I have 4 PC's running Windows 10 that I am currently updating the remote recorder software on from 12.0.1.3 to 12.0.3.4. I have updated 3 of the 4 machines so far. Two of the machines have seemingly at random become disconnected at least once from our Panopto site. I've had to go in and basically re-install the remote recorder software that was still on the machine.

On the machines that became disconnected, I have noticed that when I look under task manager, the Panopto Remote Recorder Service wasn't listed in services, but the Panopto Upload Service was listed and running.

All 3 machines also have Panopto for Windows installed on them, version 12.0.3.00004.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? Is there a different way to install the remote recorder I'm unaware of or something different that needs to be configured on my recording PC's?

Thank You,

Kevin Hartman, University at Buffalo

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @Kevin Hartman,

To confirm, this does seem like something our Support team should investigate - so thank you for submitting a ticket.

If anyone else has this issue, I would encourage them to also submit a Support ticket for tracking purposes.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options
    Kevin HartmanKevin Hartman Whiz Kid
    edited January 16

@Caitlin McCabe

We still haven't figured out a solution, even after adding some exceptions for anti-virus and firewall rules after talking to Panopto support and some network people here. So with my semester starting next week I think I am best to roll back to 12.0.1.

I know 12.0.4 was just released. Does that solve any issues like this?

Can you confirm how long 12.0.1 will be supported?

Thanks

Kevin

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @Kevin Hartman,

I see that your case is still in progress, so I've passed the additional questions about 12.0.1/12.0.4 over to Cody, who is handling your Support case. He confirmed that he will be responding to you soon about this.

Best wishes,

Cait