Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Notification of an issue affecting Panopto Embed Player when 3rd Party Cookies are disabled.

Josha ChandeJosha Chande Panopto Employee
edited January 9 in Bug Reports

Hello - We want to let you know about an issue affecting the Panopto Embed Player when 3rd Party Cookies are disabled.

What is the issue?

When attempting to load a video embedded using the iFrame code users will see the following error message:

The video itself is not deleted and the error message is erroneous.

Embeds made using the LMS LTI-based workflows are unaffected (i.e Canvas, Brightspace, Blackboard, Moodle)

Which versions of Panopto are affected?

All Panopto Cloud versions are affected

How do I tell if this affects me?

All Panopto Cloud customers whose users have 3rd Party Cookies disabled in their browser

How do I mitigate the issue?

Enable 3rd Party Cookies in your browser. Instructions for all supported browsers can be found here: https://support.panopto.com/s/article/How-to-Enable-Third-Party-Cookies-in-Supported-Browsers

When will this be resolved?

Our team is working on a fix to release as soon as possible.

For any questions, please contact Panopto Support online at support.panopto.com.

Best Answer

• Options
    Josha ChandeJosha Chande Panopto Employee
    Answer ✓

This issue has been resolved in all Panopto Cloud environments.