Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Panopto App does not sync audio and screen during playback

Hi everyone, this is my first time here - I’m a medical student and our school uses Panopto to record lectures. There seems to be a unique problem using the Panopto app compared to the Panopto website.

The problem, as the title describes, is that the audio is unable to sync with the screen recording. Every time I try to re-open a lecture that I left off, the audio starts normally but the screen recording is all black or it starts from the beginning. The screen view does not sync.

It has been a major hurdle to watch lectures and learn productively on the mobile app because of this problem. I know there are a lot of students who are struggling with the same thing and I really don’t know who to reach out to for this kind of issue. I was wondering if anyone here has any idea how to fix this problem.

Thank you!

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @Lily Shentong,

This sounds like something our Support team should investigate. To expedite this matter and make things easier for you, I will open a ticket on your behalf as well as make your local Panopto administrator aware. Please keep an eye out from correspondence regarding this matter, which may come from our team or from your Panopto admin.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait