Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Install Panopto recorder

I am new to Panopto and I am looking to download the Panopto recorder. I have signed up with them and received a confirmation email with a link to Panopto for Windows: http://panop.to/windows-recorder-install. See what the dashboard looks like. I can't see any download button.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @Adeyemi Kehinde,

The Panopto for Windows application is available to users in organizations with a Panopto account. If you are a member of an organization, such as a business or school, you would need to log into your organization's Panopto site. For example, this is [organization name].hosted.panopto.com or [organization name].cloud.panopto.eu, where "[organization]" is your organization's name for the Panopto site. This URL can vary based on your region, or if your organization uses a custom URL. If you aren't certain of your organization's site URL, please contact your local Panopto administrator (such as your IT department).

If you are using Panopto as an individual, the Panopto for Windows application is not available. Instead, we would recommend you use our free web-based recorder, Panopto Express: https://www.panopto.com/record/. You can learn more on how to use Panopto Express here: Panopto Express Support.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options

Hi Caitlin,

Thanks for your reply. I'll try the web-based recorder as I intend to use Panopto as an individual.

Kind regards

Yemi