Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Current rate limits for the REST API

Hi --

Raising this API question here in the first instance as requested by the Panopto support team.

I'd like to check what the current, official rate limits are for the Panopto REST API.

As of July 2022, this forum post said rates were limited to 5 calls per second, 100 calls per minute, and 5000 calls per hour. My questions are:

1. What are the current, normal rate limits? (We're an institution in Europe if that has any bearing.)
  2. Do the same rates apply to test and production/live Panopto environments?
  3. Are these rates reasonably fixed, or can they vary?

Thanks,

Gareth

Tagged:

Answers

• Options

I'm curious as well.

• Options

I am also curious if there are user level limits and if those are different than site level limits that are shared among users associated with a site.

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Gareth,

1. The current rate limits are still the same by default (5 calls per second, 100 calls per minute, and 5000 calls per hour).
    2. Yes, those rates are the same for both test and production environments.
    3. The rates are generally fixed. There are some rare times that a few calls above the value will get through, but it should never be less than the values provided above.

I hope that this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin