Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Connecting Azure Data Factory to Panopto to Download Reports

Hi API Dev Team

I am trying to connect azure data factory to Panopto to download reoccurring reports that have been set up to bring the data into a data mart. I need help with connection details etc. If you have any details or able to jump on a call I can walk you through.

Help would be appreciated

Regards Jim

Answers

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Jim,

Are you trying to connect the Azure Data Factory to Panopto's SOAP API directly to download the nightly reports, or is there some other method you are trying to use to connect the Panopto data to the Azure Data Factory?

Thanks,

Kevin

• Options

Hi Kevin

Thanks for coming back. Yes i am trying to call Panopto directly. See below image of setting up a ADF connector. It said test was successful but its coming back with the below when using testing it in a dataset.

ttp request failed with client error, status code 404 NotFound, please check your activity settings. If you configured a baseUrl that includes path, please make sure it ends with '/'. Request URL: https://lsbu-lecturecast.cloud.panopto.eu/Panopto/PublicAPI/4.0/UsageReporting. The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. Activity ID: 042a3383-d40f-42e2-9153-f4264abeb16f

Regards Jim

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Jim,

The full URL for that SOAP API endpoint should have .svc at the end of it like so:

That should stop the 404 Not Found error you are seeing.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Options

Thanks Kevin let me try that and come back.

• Options

We are also in the same situation and unable to download the report via http,

• Options

Thanks Sachin,

@Panopto team what would help is a step by step instructions/video to automate connection to download reports.

That would really help.

Regards Jim