Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Content Retention - Amending Retention for Assignment Folders efficiently

Hi there :)

We have recently created a Retention Rule for our Assignment folders, currently we have to select this new rule manually in each folder.

Only the Site admin role can do this, meaning the Class Tutors are relying on us to do this for them.

Can any other roles in the system be assigned to allow them to change folder retention rules?

Or is there a way to say set up a monthly report that flags assignment folders so that we could ensure that these folders get the correct rule set by our site admins centrally?

Any advice or recommendations appreciated :)

Laura (RGU)

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @Laura McNaughton

While the options you've listed aren't possible as you've described them, you could, as a workaround, set up a monthly "System folder storage" report for your site, which includes folder names (but no date range), and then add a column filter on the .csv report to show folders with "[assignments]" in their name. To learn how to set this report up, please see How to Create System Usage Reports.

Alternatively, your organization can work with Panopto's Professional Services to create a custom query/report for your Panopto cloud site. If you are interested in discussing this and its associated costs, please let me know and I can connect you with your Panopto account manager to further discuss this option.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options

Thanks so much Caitlin, I will give that a go and get back in touch if we need further suppport :)

Laura