Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

No live phone support from Panopto

I am at a university that has been using Panopto for about ten years. Have had technical issues a couple of times over the past year. This is the only application vendor out of the dozens that we use that refuses to provide a phone number for technical assistance. Getting assistance is like posting a message in a bottle and setting it adrift; no clue if some one will respond today, tomorrow...

We have an Urgent issue (failure of the current Identity Provider setup). No response over the weekend at all to my ticket. Okay, I get that. Got a response this AM (Monday), got a call from someone, great. Worked with what they provided and it resolved the issue by noon. Except it recurred an hour later and no one has responded to repeated requests into the ticket for the rest of the day.

In the original response, the tier one tech provided a calendly link to schedule a session. Problem is that they are on the other side of the world and had nothing available today at all by my times, and only very early hours in the next few days. Difficult to coordinate a session with the entities which would also need to be there.

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @Jim Neill,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback about live phone support. I'll share this feedback with our team. Additionally, I have alerted our Support team to your updated ticket, and I believe they have reached out to you this evening to further assist you.

As always, we appreciate your feedback - and if you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.

Best wishes,

Cait