Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Notification of issue affecting podcast downloads

Bill WolfBill Wolf Panopto Employee

Hello - We want to let you know about an issue affecting podcast downloads from the Panopto viewer.

What is the issue?

Podcast downloads from the interactive or embedded players can fail with a 403 error if the video is a reference copy and the user does not have access to the original video.

Which versions of Panopto are affected?

This affects all Panopto Cloud customers and Panopto On-premises customers on version 13.

How do I tell if this affects me?

Podcast downloads will fail under the specified scenario.

How do I mitigate the issue?

Users with creator access and higher can download the podcast from the video’s Settings> Output tab.

When will this be resolved?

We tentatively plan to have this resolved in all Panopto Cloud environments by March 8th. 

We are working on a solution for on-premises customers and will provide another update by April 12th.

For any questions, please contact Panopto Support online at support.panopto.com.

Answers

• Options
    Bill WolfBill Wolf Panopto Employee

This has been resolved in all Panopto Cloud environments.

We are working on a solution for on-premises customers and will provide another update by April 12th.

For any questions, please contact Panopto Support online at support.panopto.com.