Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Bulk Scheduling Tool Non-Interactive Mode

Hello All,

I have previously used the Bulk Scheduling Tool to schedule recordings through the GUI; manually entering my credentials and using the file dialogue popup box to select the appropriate CSV file for upload. I am now looking to automate this process by scheduling the Panopto Schedule Uploader executable to be run at certain times during the year. I am inquiring about the possibility of there being a Non-Interactive mode of the Schedule Uploader that would allow me designate the path of the CSV to be uploaded and my credentials, so that when this process runs it can do so without a GUI and without human intervention. Would this be a possibility? Many thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions!

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @Erik Bird,

Apologies for the delay in a response. At this time, the current tooling does not offer this. The APIs that the tool is using are all public and the source code for the tool is readily available here: https://github.com/Panopto/SchedulingTool.. You could create your own tool for this, but that is entirely up to you - it should be noted that the currently published tool is only designed to work in the way documented as it stands.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,
    Cait