Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

PowerPoint - Panopto Capture

We are running into issues with PowerPoints displaying correctly when recording Panopto Capture. The recording shows only the first slide of the PowerPoint and does not show the navigation between slides.

Is this a know issue? Is there a workaround?

Many thanks,

Kerry

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @Kerry Whitfield,

As I'm not sure which system/browser you might be using to record with Panopto Capture, I'd like to start by highlighting the following information from our article, How to Create a Video Using Panopto Capture (in section 4):

"For PowerPoint and Keynote presentations:

• For PowerPoint to be displayed as an option, it cannot be minimized to the taskbar. Please make sure the application is active or maximized for it to appear.
    • For Windows users, prior to opening the Screens and Apps menu, make sure your PowerPoint is in slideshow mode. Then, after selecting Screens and Apps → Window, select the option named PowerPoint Slide Show to record PowerPoint slides as a video stream. 
    • For Mac users, you will need to make sure the slideshow is started in the option under the screen in Capture. If you are a Firefox user, please see How to Record PowerPoint with Firefox and Capture. "

If the above doesn't work as a solution, please let me know and I will create a Support ticket on your behalf so that our team can further investigate this for you.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,
    Cait