Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Why do I get the login screen when I insert it from the video selection screen

To register a panopto video in moodle, click the select content button to select the video and click Insert to display the login screen

I'm curious where you set it up

Best Answer

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator
    Answer ✓

Hi @kim kyung yoon,

Cross-posting my answer here from your post "Inquiries when inserting Panopto video":

"Based on the screenshot provided, it looks like you are using Moodle and that your Administrator possibly did not enable the 'Content-Item Message' option during setup. It does look like you are using the Administrator account in Moodle, so you may want to check the external tool configuration for Panopto in Moodle.

If you are using LTI 1.3, make sure that the setting 'Supports Deep Linking (Content-Item Message)' is selected. If you are using LTI 1.1, make sure the setting 'Content-Item Message' is selected. This is referenced in section 1.3 of How to Set Up LTI 1.3 Links in Moodle Courses or in How to Set Up LTI 1.1 Links in Moodle Courses (Legacy), depending on which you are using.

If this setting is selected and you are still having issues, please feel free to work with your local Panopto Administrator to submit a Support ticket so that we can take a closer look and provide you with assistance."

Best wishes,
    Cait

Answers