Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

How can I capture my mouse cursor when not clicking using the Panopto Capture beta?

I am only seeing my mouse cursor when I click. Is there a way to see it at all times if using Panopto Capture and not the desktop app?

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Matthew,

Can you tell us what sources you're trying to capture using Panopto Capture? We expect that the mouse cursor is recorded with secondary screen and application sources. We might need to get Panopto Support involved to troubleshoot as necessary.

If you can send us a link of the video you made, that would also be helpful.

Thanks,

Cait

• Options

Hi Cait,

Thanks for your response. I was capturing an application window. I am unfortunately unable to send you a link to the video due to my company's policies. It is not a big deal as I just need to keep it in mind while recording. Also, it does not seem to be an issue for my colleagues, so I am thinking it is an issue with my work at home setup.

Thanks - Matt